During winter break, one of my favorite hobbies is to make paper snowflakes. Today I want to show you some of snowflakes that I made, and how I make them!
- E-Acto Knife (For making precise cuts)
- Cutting Board
- Take you’re 8.5 x 11 paper and fold to make a square. Trim the excess paper.
- Fold the square diagonally, to create a triangle.
- Next, fold the triangle in half to make a smaller triangle. (Make sure the points line up)
- Fold your triangle into thirds.
- Fold into the shape as shown.
- Chop the bottom off!
- Get creative! Start creating your snowflake by cutting straight, curvy or any lines you choose. Try different shapes and sizes.
- After you have all the cuts that you want, unfold the snowflake!
I love to experiment with different shapes. In one of the images above, I made Christmas trees in the snowflake.
If you have old magazines with colorful images, use the magazine pages to create different colored snowflakes!
Wanna have your favorite cartoon character in the snowflake? Favorite pattern? Anything is possible!!
CAUTION: If you make enough paper snowflakes, you might get snowed in!